Jersey Shore Vacation

Seaside Heights, New Jersey 
It has been over a year since I have seen my mum and sister, Zoë.  So being able to take the boys out to New Jersey for the week was really a blessing.  Not only did my boys get to see their Nonna and Zia, but their Great Uncle Tom, my father's brother.  For me just being around my Uncle was very comforting.  I forget how many similarities and mannerisms that my father and my uncle share.  With not having the option to be around my dad anymore, every minute with my Uncle is golden.  Although he had to work every day, we go to spend the evenings together.  I really enjoyed seeing him and my boys together.  

My Uncle, Ronan, and Maddox with my Sister. 
Maddox playing at the beach. 
We basically spent the week on the beach, living in a condo that was just a short walk away.  It was basically impossible to get the boys out of the water, Ronan especially.  They have really missed living at the beach and being able to live in the water since we moved from Hawaii.  We built sandcastles, collected shells, and enjoyed the warm sunshine.  Ronan and Maddox really loved the boardwalk with all the games, rides, and food choices.  The special treat was getting to spend a day 
at Six Flags and it was one of the highlights for the boys. 

Having fun at the beach at the Jersey Shore
At the end of the week we got to have a reunion with my best friend Tammy from Hawaii. It has been so long since we have seen each other and being able to catch up with her and her family was heaven sent.  The week went by really fast but we enjoyed every second. 

My sister and my Uncle hanging out at the beach at Jersey Shore. 
Zoe and her nephew, my son, kayaking in the ocean. 
Fun photo op at Six Flags. 

Six Flags 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to interact with my readers and I try my best to respond back to all comments.

Cheers,
Bonnie Rose

Disqus for A Compass Rose

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...